1) Civil & Environmental engineering is a necessary socio-based technology that is necessary to create structures to protect humans from nature’s extreme conditions, such as snow, rain, wind, cold and extreme hotness. It is a crucial technology in sustaining human life.
2) Civil & Environmental engineering is an applied science necessary to sustain and maintain the water and air necessary for human life.
3) Civil & Environmental engineering is a professional technology that focuses on the development of the human race by changing and maintaining the natural environment into an area convenient and necessary for human life.
4) Civil & Environmental engineering is an assembly of art and science that uses the power of nature and resources to be useful to the human life.
5) Civil & Environmental engineering can be thought of as the final end of high-tech academic application that connects nature with human.
6) To accomplish these goals, a technician of Civil & Environmental Engineering is someone who is receiving special education and experience to design, plan and manage the entire construction method of artificial constructions.
The department of Civil & Environmental Engineering aims to nurture creative individuals that, through moral education, possess both a reasonable and moral state of mind and social responsibility. Also, through global leader education, our department aims to nurture global leaders that can cooperate and communicate in the global environment where there is cultural diversity. Through an in-site task-centered education, we will create individuals with both a creative and comprehensive state of mind that can do structured and principled tasks, as well as do professional in-site designing
The main employment areas after graduation are national/regional public officers, technical workers in national/regional public enterprises, technical workers in construction and technical technology (design/audit) companies of small/large corporations and workers in foreign construction companies (in South-East Asia, Middle East and others). To provide the opportunity to receive further education, we are preparing opportunities to receive a bachelor's degree in a four-year-course university through a Bachelor’s Degree Program.
All types of jobs related to Civil & Environmental Engineering, such as construction work; construction work of service providers and public institutions and others.
To strengthen the adaption skills of our students not only in their majors, but also in their university life, Yeonsung University are operating diverse “university lifestyle” and “career design” subjects inside our official education process. We are also operating diverse foreign language education programs such as “TOEIC, English Academy, overseas language training” for job applicants in the constructions industry; “special Industrial Engineer courses” for those that wish to achieve the national technology certificate for employment after graduation; “special employment courses” to be employed in the construction area and other education programs during our semesters and vacations. Also, Yeonsung University supports and operates diverse programs that will create mutual friendship between students and cultivate cooperation skills, such as “major clubs”, “athletics contest inside departments” and “work exhibitions”.